Introducing environmentally sustainable reintegration: a two-fold strategy. A webinar organized by the KMH
A webinar discussion on "Introducing environmentally sustainable reintegration: a two-fold strategy" has been organized by the EU-IOM Knowledge Management Hub on Wednesday, 9 September 2020 (access here the recording of the webinar).
The webinar introduced innovative practices of environmentally sustainable reintegration and their positive impact on both climate change adaptation as well as returnees’ reintegration in their countries of origin.
During this event, the newly published Environmental Annex of the IOM Reintegration Handbook “Guidance for mainstreaming environmental and climate considerations into reintegration programming“, funded by the UK Department for International Development, was presented.
In addition, findings from the project “Mainstreaming environmental dimensions into reintegration support to reduce the effects of climate change on migration in West Africa”, implemented by IOM and funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, was also presented.
During this webinar, short interventions to share guidance, lessons learnt from project implementation and other green reintegration initiatives were made by:
- Ms. Joy Paone, ORION Project Manager, IOM HQ
- Ms. Alice Baillat, Migration, Environment and Climate Change Expert, IOM HQ
- Ms. Hind Aïssaoui Bennani, Migration, Environment and Climate Change Specialist, IOM Regional Office for West and Central Africa and MENA
- Mr. Olivier Allongue, Training Manager, Trees for the Future
- Mr. Endeshaw Kassa, Program Officer, Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekaneyesus (EECMY)
The presentations were followed by an interactive Q&A session.
Visit the webinar section of the Platform to learn more about the upcoming webinars and navigate across the recorded ones.
Would you like to propose topics to cover in future webinars? Share your ideas with us here!